Mineral Point, on the St. Louis, Iron Mountain & Southern Railway, at the junction of the Potosi branch, & three & one half miles east of Potosi, was laid out in 1858 by William C. Inks, & at the present writing [1888] it contains three general stores, kept, respectively, by Mesplay & Daniels, A.J. Norwine & J.F. Richardson;  also a family grocery by John Wallace, & a public schoolhouse. (From: Goodspeed's History of Washington County, Mo.)


 

Pictures of the above J.F. Richardson General Store token submitted by:
Terry Mosier, Feb. 2010.  He thinks they belonged to his grandfather.